Monday, November 24, 2014

Another Begining.

Dear Journal

I like to keep a Blog / Journal for a Keepsake for My Granddaughter Ella, I'm sure she will remember the things we did as a Toddler and now going into Kindy / Prep they call it here in Qld...2014.
This Blog will be about all the different things I like to do apart from my Patchwork...
I like to take Photo's mainly for Instagram which I love....there's a great support in IG especially the sewing community that I follow and lucky for me some also follow me...
we have had our first overseas trip last Xmas and have our Tickets for July 2015, that would be the Mr. and I....Our Son and his Wife will be living in Scotland then after living in London for about 18months...
I also love TV, a good Aussie drama and have been liking some English shows as well...
Our Garden is low maintanence in the front I have made 2 more in the back with all the flowers I love...
I belong to a Stitching Group that meets monthly, 18 of us, we get along quite well and I think they have enjoyed the challenges I've set them through this year, next year will be full of Learning and Inspiration with 3 Workshops planned...
I've been very inspired by Margaret Sampson George from Leura in the Blue Mountains, NSW.
I did a 2 day workshop with her at the Quilters Store back in July WOW!! that changed the way I look at fabric and I'm still Procrasinating, it drives me Nuts!!
I'm working on The Elemets "fly away with me" Quilt by @msg ...


This is the quilt showing one border by Marg...I can tell you I have unpicked many times while working on this quilt, but it won't beat me, lol..
Here is Marg and Myself after the workshop last July..I had sort of met Marg on Instagram through other ladies that I had known for sometime, it was Great too meet her, and now she follow's me on IG which is great when I need her advice and I can see her Finger Pointing at me through the Phone, lol.
She's a hard task master b
ut I'm so Grateful to have had the chance to follow her and to replicate one of her Beautiful Designs...Here is part of the block I'm working on now, I'll show some more in another post.

The Birdcage Block.
Till Next Time
Maree.

No comments:

Post a Comment