Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A Good Tip from Tutors.

Dear Journal

Well I've slowly recovered from a Very Busy Sunday...Monday saw me with my Foot Up! which is unlike me for a Monday...it's usually Go Go Go..
Tuesday had to take The Mr. to the Fracture Clinic for a follow up from Ankle Injections which Unfortunately haven't worked as Effectively as before...this Injury is from 1988 Originally told that a Permanent Fusion will be needed..well the time has come to talk Operation...
The Mr. has decided to have another lot of Injections to tie him over till we come back from our Trip which will be for  2 months...this was the one thing that was stopping me from buying the tickets early But he did manage OK last year on our trip and this time round there won't be as much walking...
The Mr. is on a Month's leave as of this week mainly due too Stress from his Job and he's looking at a New Position at a Previous  Place of Work starting in the New Year...Our Retirement can't come Quick Enough, Hopfully in 3 Years....Nomads Here we Come!!!
OK!! back too Sewing...
I've finally replaced the Birds on 2 Blocks from my "Fly away with Me" quilt by Marg Sampson George...we have her coming here to the GC in October next year so I need to at least get a top finished to show her then I can continue with one of her New Patterns that she is teaching down in Sydney at Material Obsession and Cottage Quilt Works...I Envy those Ladies to be able to have Marg twice a month, Her Inspiration is Infectious to say the least...

Block One....Fly away with Me.
On this first block I found using Fabrics that were too Out There for me were Popping out of the block which is OK for some but I found they were Too Prominent even though this whole quilt is Birds, which is what attracted me too the quilt in the first place...I Do Love my Birds.

Block Two...Fly away with me.
 I've really gone a bit out there with this Green Fabric for the Stems, I do love this fabric and have since bought more, I think I've toned it down a bit with the top birds keeping the middle one as is...

Using Window Templates...Fly away with me.
 NOW!! the Tip...I know this is not something New too Some and I have seen it used before but not something that I had been Practising up until Now...Marg shared this with us at the workshop this year and I did use it in block one then totally forgot all about it until I put a little message up on my IG page saying I was struggling with the fabrics...Marg Kindly replied and reminded me to use the window template...
Now this is Block Three which goes in the centre Middle...I really love this fabric by Tula Pink with the Green's and Teal's, so this is how to use a window template...Photocopy your pattern sheet, cut out the centre of your design as I have above, this is mainly for me to choose the Stems and Leaves for this block...
the Wavy Piece will be another fabric, there are also Birds that will sit on the leaves...it does take a little time to cut out but so worth it when trying to see how your chosen fabrics will look, rather than cutting out and realising it doesn't work...


I didn't join in on the 6 Items Xmas Swap that I run in my Online Group this year, then one came up on IG so I went into that...Just had to make something, anything you like for your partner...Here are my Gifts waiting to be posted this week and are heading too Victoria...all will be revealed once she has recieved her Pressies...Aussie Xmas Swap.

Last year I had a little swap with my Long Time Stitching Friend Lorraine from  Warrnambool in Victoria, this is the Lovely Table Centre she made me... a Marg Low Design... it looks Lovely with my Old Santa sitting on the TV Cabinet...
Well that's it for me Today...
                                                             Till Next Time
                                                                 Maree

1 comment:

  1. Hiya chicky, loving the swap you got from Lorraine last year, so sweet. Poor Bill, he is obviously going through a rough time at present. I hope things get better for him soon. Retirement, heck even I wish that was closer and I'm still not working. Loving those blocks you are doing.

    ReplyDelete