Sunday, December 28, 2014

Done and Dusted!!

Dear Journal
Yes that would be Xmas Day!..Being woken at 5:10am was Not my Ideal Time to Celebrate Santa with Miss Ella...after 2 eveings at work and not alot of sleep I was laying back down at 10:00am...and of course rest was the only thing I got maybe a little sleep here and there for just over an hour, our Neighbours front door faces into our Bedroom...say no more!! Anyway up I got and lasted till 10pm...the opening of the pressies was all very exciting then Crossants for Breakfast, I prepared lunch cleaned up and that was it pretty much...the Little One had a New Basketball stand from Us, a New Scooter and a little blow up pool fro Santa, plenty to keep her entertained...
The Night before Xmas Eve we went down too Coomera to see some streets looking so pretty with all their houses decorated...Ellla was in ore she was so Excited...



Xmas Eve I packed a little Lolly Bag for the Girl's and left it on their steps before I went too work, a little Surprise!

Home from work and it was time to prepare the Desert for Xmas...I had seen this on TV not too hard and something different I thought...

I was pretty pleased with how my Mixed Berry Ice-Cream Log came out...Next time I wouldn't put as much Raspberry Coulis and Chocolate on the top ...it was delish and with half gone I have since mixed them both into the ice-cream and re-freezed it for a raspberry and white chocolate ice-cream...


My DIL sent this photo through on Xmas Eve to remind us where we were this time last year..she didn't have to do that I was already Depressed from the week before remembering our wonderful trip...we spoke to our London Kids early xmas day our time so they could see Ella with her Pressies...but it wasn't the same...the 6th July can't come quick enough for me....for our next overseas trip...and if I have my way we will be spending next xmas overseas too...


So here are my books...both good choices by Daughter ones's that I would purchase myself...she did Good!! I'll take one on the Plane in July, not sure how much I will read but at least I'll look like the world traveller!! lol

                                                                Both girl's got wheels...


By 3pm I was doing This! a Bailey's and this is rare...showered and preparing Hexie's...as far as I was concerned xmas was over for me....it's just not the same.


I had ordered these Vintage pre-cut Hexie's from Instagram through The Crafty Squirrel in Melb....I decided to have a break from all sewing over the xmas / new year period but just make Hexie's big and small...I need too make heaps for my stonefields quilt and these...love the idea of them being pre-cut.


and last night I sat and stitched the papers into the vintage shapes and these will be for another Dillybag and for me...I'm planning on adding my own touch too this one I'm thinking of quilting these before making the bag and maybe some small pom poms around the top...watch this space...
I would usually edit my photo's from Instagram but didn't think it was necessary all the time....

I've also have been having a little break from IG didn't even turn my Ipad on xmas or boxing day and only have had it on too take these photo's....I felt I was becoming a little obsessed and I had been using it as a blog / journal but now that I have you here I really don't need to do that ...
Back to work tomorrow and the Mr. is home for another week....he'll be lost when the Cricket finishes he might have to do some chores!!!
                                                                     Till next time
                                                                           Maree.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maree, sounds like you had a nice although tiring christmas. I know what you mean about it not being the same. It has felt so flat since the kids are past the stage of getting up early and really they couldn't care less about the meal. It's also a time when I miss my own family heaps and honestly all I want to do is fly to Brisbane.

    ReplyDelete