Sunday, December 7, 2014

Row by Row Mystery Quilt.

This year with my group Sunday Stitches I put the challenge out too anyone that wanted to participate in a
Mystery Row by Row Quilt...we had 7 takers.



We were given instructions to make the middle row ourselves the subject was Flowers, any interpretation you wanted...I went with French General Fabrics from my stash..I used a Light Grey Background with a darker Grey small Dot...in my centre I appliqued a rabbit..leaves and flowers in blanket stitch using silk thread, I didn't want the blanket stitch to over power the fabrics...
In march we had to bring our finished row in our bags to swap and that continued each month until September when our bags were given back to us to do the last row which was a Stitched Verse...
I stitched a verse from a Anni Downs pattern and a vine and leaves...
Each Month I gave the other's a subject as they had to interpret their own version onto someone else's quilt and sew that row to the previous so when we recieved our top back it was just that and not all the rows for us to sew ourselves...this is our show & tell at our break up party last sunday...


Dear Journal
They all look fantastic and so different...for some it was their first time in applying themselves for certain subjects which was good for them to be pushed just a little...the subjects were: Flowers..Pinwheels..Stars..Circles...Hearts...Hexagons...Baskets and the Stitched Verse.
Next Year we are making a Trip Around the World Top with 3 challenges set in the first 6 months the girl's will stitch these at their leisure and show & tell at the end of the year..me I'm going to continue the one I started with Brigitte Giblin during the year and the plan is to take it each month to work on at our meets.

                                                                     Till next time.
                                                                        Maree


1 comment:

  1. These are all fabulous Maree. You are such an inspiration and such a motivator.xx
    P.S How's Bill?

    ReplyDelete