Monday, December 1, 2014

Stitching Break Up Party and Colour Run.

Dear Journal

My Stitching group "Sunday Stitches" had their last meet for the year yesterday, Xmas Party with Secret Santa...first I went to the Swiss Colour Run held at Robina on the Gold Coast, 5klms walk or run Yearly Charity Event...with my Daughter Richelle and Grandie Ella...
when you reach each Kilometer you get coloured chalk thrown on you...we started walking at 8:15am and I finished at  9:05am...it was very Hot!!...I injured my left foot in a hole in the first klm..so  a little rest was in order this afternoon...feeling quite Buggered Really...
Then it was home and off too Party...

 I gifted some fabric to a quilty friend in brisbane to make clothes for her new granddaughter..Julie has made some lovely dresses and this is what she has Handmade for me as a Thank You...they are so beautiful and will only be going to Special Friends...


 These are some lovely handmade gifts I recieved from some of my fellow stitchers at our Xmas Party.


I surprised the girl's with a lucky door prize...my raspberry parlour dillybag pattern by Judy Newman.
Norreen was the lucky ticket holder and she was thrilled with her win, matching picushion and a little xmas cake...


The girl's  surprised me with some beautiful flowers as a thank you for running the show each month and keeping them on track with swaps and challenges.....Thank You Girl's.


This was my beautiful gift from Inca in our secret santa swap...lovely trinkets and a special "M"...
its just gorgeous Thank You Inca...



One Challenge we did this year was too make Natalie Bird's bag pattern "Sunshiny Day Bag"...
here we are with our finishes...
Teresa...De...Myself...Jeanette and Norreen.


De..Debbie...Teresa and Jeanette have made this Xmas Quilt which was ran on Instagram...Lovely Girl's.



And here is Sandi with her gift from me in the secret santa...stitchery design by Gail Pan Designs and the fabrics are by Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched and a Judy Newman Dillybag...
we had a lovely lunch and desserts which everyone brought a plate and a Great Day...
Until January....Merry Xmas Girl's..xx
                                                         Till Next Time
                                                             Maree

1 comment:

  1. What a great day you had Maree. I am envious of you with the girls in your Sunday stitching group.

    ReplyDelete