Wednesday, December 17, 2014

This Time Last Year!

Dear Journal
This time last year we were just a little excited packing for our Very First Overseas Trip...I know everyone says the same but the Year has just Flown, Keeping busy helps I Guess and it won't be long before 6th July comes around and we are off again this time for nearly 8 weeks...
Thought I'd share some photo's from then, we stayed in a Mariner's Village called Greenwich which we fell in love with and felt very safe, always a scary thing for your first time, the kids lived on the other side of Greenwich Park and I always worried when they walked home in the dark which happens in London very early to what we are use too here in Australia and Qld...
Our London Kids are Big Jamie Oliver Fans and we are too and just our Luck we had one of his Italian Restaurants and Coffee House just in the next block from the Ibis where we were staying in Greenwich...
Our Son Gavin booked us into one of his other restaurants in London it took a bit to find it the rain and cold didn't help but we did in the end....
as you can see our son was chuffed that one has been ticked off the Bucket List!
The Kids organised us to go too Paris for Xmas Day so off we trot on a Bus crowded with many other's and children on this journey then the bus went onto a train type thing like a container and under water we went and then back onto Land we were in France...it was a bit to take in at first I don't think it really sunk in where I was as that's all we folk talk about is going too Paris...
Our DIL Sam booked us onto a River Cruise for Xmas Day Lunch it was just Beautiful except it did rain once again...it rained for the whole trip 3 and a bit weeks out of 5 I was ready too come home by then the cold was ok because we had all the right clothing but the rain was a pain....we were hoping for snow but that didn't happen but we did get close in Bath...
Lunch Xmas Day in Paris.
Sam was determined the next day to find the Famouse Macaroon Shop "Laduree"  that was the very first in the world...well we walked and walked the streets and finally we found it...it was very busy and as I can't eat them due too almond meal in them I wasn't really interested but the walk was good we saw heaps...
that's just a little snippet of what we did and I could go on but I won't at this stage...it's nice to look back and remember our first of many we hope...as I'm writing this our kids are planning to move from London too Scotland hopfully by April, Gavin will move with the construction company he is with and Sam not so sure as she is in Finance....That's where we are planning to go too in July, our tickets are paid for so will be interesting to see what pans out...
On the sewing front I have put my Stonefields blocks up on my design wall  ready to prep some more blocks I'm only upto block 4 now, I have a stitching Friend Jeanette who is planning on starting so I'm going to wait for her to catch up and we are going to inspire each other to get these blocks done..sounds good in theory LOL...


it's good to get a photo didn't realise I was making so many in Blue Tones and I'm not normally a Blue Person...I have finished a quilt top think I'll leave that for next time...
                                                                       Till Then
                                                                         Maree

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maree, yes it does seem literally like yesterday since you were on your trip. It sounded so wonderful and special.where are you going on your next trip? Your blocks look fabulous as always. Xx

    ReplyDelete