Friday, December 5, 2014

Working out of your Comfort Zone!

Dear Journal...
That's what I've been trying to do for the last 6 Months with my Fly away with Me Quilt...I didn't realise the work that is involved with this project...I know it was the Applique and the Birds that got me in when I did the workshop with Marg Sampson George back in July....
I've been adding to the stash for this quilt, buying fabrics that I do Like or Love trying too think like other's but after 6 Blocks not all finished I might add and some have been re-done and unpicked to make way for new fabrics is just not working for me...this week I have felt a real Low not wanting to work on it at night after work which I usually can't wait to get home to do till the wee small hours of the morning....





When I look at other's that have finished this quilt I really love the fabrics and colours that they have used but for some reason when I try it, it just doesn't do it for me...I've tried new colours for the birds, auditioning colours for the Lozenges, still not sure on the Purple, I've neer been a Purple Girl and not even sure why I was attracted to it on the day, the Green and even the Orange Spot was looking good...it's looking like a Mish Mash and that's not me!...I like to work in sets that's how I usually buy my fabrics always have since 1998, it's how I Dress and Decorate my Home.
Yesterday I was at the stage where I just didn't know what to do, these type of quilts I would prefer to be doing in an on going class but Unfortunately I can't get too them from Interstate, the Disadvantages of not still living in Sydney...OH if I was!!...well that's not going to happen, Lucky for Us we will be having Marg here Next October and I'm sure I will have something to show her then...I'm not going to show any progress on IG I think all my followers there are sick of me and my indecisions  lol. but I will blog here when I get back too it...Thanks for Listening Dear Journal.
                                                                       Till next Time
                                                                             Maree

No comments:

Post a Comment