Monday, January 12, 2015

Lots of Preparation...

Dear Journal
It seems that this is all I can show for the last week...fabric cut for Stars for some Secret Sewing...
I have unpicked all 6 blocks from Fly away with Me that I've decided to re-do in more softer fabrics even though I like the brighter more modern fabrics and they look Great when others make blocks and quilts with and I thought I could work with them and I did until I started to put the blocks together Holy Moly it looked like someone had chucked Honestly so out of my comfort zone totally not happy Jan!!!
I look at my Stonefields blocks on my design wall and they are so calming so that's what I've decided to do...I'm not following the pattern ah yes something I do more often these days like who wants to do exactly the same as the designer I mean I am with Stonefields but that quilt you have too then when it comes to the Zillion Flying Geese eeekkk maybe I'll change that part...I've never been a fan of FG especially when they have to be joined in a row..a bad experience comes too mind it wasn't a straight top when finished lets just say that..lol
I've done the right thing and have ran it by MSG what my plans are and she says Go For It!!! ah music to my ears...I'm thinking of mixing Fly away and Going Green into one now for this it will be freeform which I love it lets you do Whatever!! so watch this space...
I've also prepared no: 5 Dillybag to be put together this is the one using 1930's fabrics and this one is to be Gifted in March...so with working etc I haven't been Idle...

Well last week was our first week of Nanna Duties with miss Ella the first 2 days I walked round in circles while listening to the Boomerang channel in the background...there are days where the Miss just wants to Veg Out!! fine by me totally out of routine and with the Mr. coming home at 2:30pm now is really throwing me out...by the 3rd day well lets just say I slept on what I hadn't achieved and a routine was to be put into place...frustration was setting in...well with much success I was sitting down after lunch and doing this...



by the end of the night they were completed...


my first 4 blocks for month 4...
I ordered some lovely fabrics from Sandi at Shiralee Stitches

Pretty Pinks in Daphne...More coming of these.

Daphne by Karen Styles Somerset Patchwork.
I have also subscribed to her Newsletter well with one coming through today it became dangerous as I didn't realize Sandi was making up Lucy Boston Kits....and with free shipping lucky for me she has just released Block 3...Yep there ordered... have had LB on the too do list and wasn't planning on doing any this year and probably won't but I can have it all ready to go when I've caught up with my UFO's..
Actually they might come in handy to take on our Trip!! ha Genius I Am..I Knew I ordered them for a reason..lol
heading into week 2 of Nanna Duties lets see how much stitching I get done this week!!
                                                                   Till next time
                                                                         Maree

1 comment:

  1. LB blocks huh? I have thought about doing those but know if I start everything else that MUST be done in my handstitching pile will go by the wayside and thats not a good look. Love those fabrics that you have bought, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete