Sunday, September 20, 2015

My Mini Stonefields...

The Patterns says make 200 X 6inch Blocks...Yes that's alright in Hindsight and the Eagerness soon diminishes when a New Project is started...coming up towards the end of the year it was time I took stock of the UFO Box...

UFO's are something I don't like too many of I think it stems back too being brought up with Respect of what you are given and too make sure you finish which all started at the age of 8 yrs old when I was taught too Knit, couldn't waste Wool it was Expensive for my Mother too buy and I didn't really Appreciate what she meant until I started work and had too buy my own!

So I found 5 projects waiting for that Finish...Today I finished this...

I had made 48 blocks 36 were decided once I chose the fabric from my stash that's all I had so it has been a little of a Make Do as well ...the corner stones were also in the box so they got used adding a Tilda spot too make up...I even Mitred the corners something I never do on quilts and I can tell you the last time I did was back in the late 90's in a class....I'm surprised I remembered how too do them...

2 Finishes in one weekend that's unheard of in my world really glad I stuck too it now ...don't be discouraged with Blocks in your UFO pile get the. Out and think outside the box and make them into something..

Till next time

Thanks for Stopping by...

 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty blocks - and its easier to find space for a smaller version.

    ReplyDelete